- Third quarter net income was $4.55 per share, including net negative adjustment items of $0.32 per share. Adjusted net income was $4.87* per share.
- Operating revenue increased $3.5 billion, or 15.1 percent, over the prior year quarter to $26.4 billion.
- Medical enrollment was 41.0 million members, an increase of 1.1 million members over the prior year quarter, driven by growth in the fully insured businesses.
- The Company now expects full year net income to be greater than $18.45 per share. Full year adjusted net income is now expected to be greater than $19.40* per share.
- Fourth quarter 2019 dividend of $0.80 per share declared to shareholders.
INDIANAPOLIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Oct. 23, 2019– Anthem, Inc. (NYSE: ANTM) today announced third quarter financial results driven by strong revenue growth and improved operational execution.
“Anthem’s third quarter results showed continued membership growth – together with strong operating revenue growth – giving us great momentum as we head into 2020,” said Gail K. Boudreaux, President and CEO.